6.35 Crossroads 7.00 The Bionic Woman 8.00 Leave It To Charlie 8.30 TV Eye 9.00 Hazell 10.00 News 10.30 Inside Business
But we only really want BBC1....
6.55 Tomorrow's World 7.20 Top of the Pops 7.55 Blankety Blank 8.30 Living Legends 9.00 News 9.25 Wodehouse Playhouse 10 Omnibus
With thanks to @tv30yearsago
Duff, duff, duff duff duff duff...
10-5-79: Presenter: Mike Read
(13) THE BEE GEES – Love You Inside Out (and charts)
(26) THE DAMNED – Love Song
(57) ELKIE BROOKS – The Runaway
(41) THE SHADOWS – Theme From ‘The Deer Hunter’ (Cavatina)
(3) BONEY M – Hooray Hooray It’s A Holi-Holiday (footage from Snowtime Special: Disco In The Snow 9-4-79)
(11) ERUPTION – One Way Ticket ®
(25) MONKS – Nice Legs Shame About Her Face
(20) ROXY MUSIC – Dance Away (footage from Snowtime Special: Abba In Switzerland 16-4-79)
(9) AMII STEWART – Knock On Wood (danced to by Legs & Co)
(21) GARY MOORE – Parisienne Walkways (video)
(34) SPARKS – The Number One Song In Heaven
(1) ART GARFUNKEL – Bright Eyes (video)
(15) DAVID BOWIE – Boys Keep Swinging (and credits)
The Bee Gees ~ do the chart rundown music this week, with Love You Inside Out at its number 13 peak.
The Damned ~ had been around for several years by now but Love Song was their first UK hit - and here's a typically energetic performance coupled with Captain Sensible's eye-catching impersonation of Orville the duck.
Elkie Brooks ~ with a song written for her by Gallagher and Lyle, who also join her in the studio as her backing singers, but they couldn't find that song writing magic of 1976 and The Runaway came to a standstill at number 50. There's a 3 year wait now until Elkie's next hit.
The Shadows ~ Mike does his best Cliff impression to introduce the band's 28th 'solo' hit, but Theme from the Deer Hunter is their last top tenner to date.
Boney M ~ chopped from the 7.30 showing, but we have seen this one very recently.
Eruption ~ we've also seen this one very recently too, almost at its number 9 peak now, One Way Ticket was their second and final hit.
Monks ~ another 7.30 editor's casualty ~ shame.
Roxy Music ~ with the first showing of a song that's become quite a classic and Bryan Ferry, last seen solo and with heavy duty stubble, now back to his smoothest. And so many clips from Snowtime Special on the show at the moment.
Amii Stewart ~ by skipping the 3rd May edition we're seeing lots of songs we heard only last week, but this time we get a high kicking black lacey Legs & Co routine to Knock on Wood.
Gary Moore ~ trying to out-hank Hank Marvin its the much loved Parisienne Walkways ~ credited as a Gary Moore hit but all the Thin Lizzie gang are here to help out with this evocative tune.
Sparks ~ after a 4 year gap the unique Russel and Ron Mael return with a real eye-catcher ~ and those facial expressions, both funny and scary in equal measure, would not look out of place in that current trailer for Eastenders.
Art Garfunkel ~ you'd think they could show a different 60 seconds of the biggest hit of the year ~ one more chance next week.
David Bowie ~ plays over the credits, but we get to see the video in a couple of weeks time.
Next week it's the 17th May 1979 and our host is Peter Powell.