10-1-80: Presenter: David Jensen
(14) MADNESS – My Girl (and charts)
(63) UFO – Young Blood
(2) ABBA – I Have A Dream (video)
(13) ROSE ROYCE – Is It Love You’re After (video)
(50) JOE JACKSON – It’s Different For Girls
(28) SHEILA B. DEVOTION – Spacer (video)
(21) THE SKIDS – Working For The Yankee Dollar WATCH
(7) K.C. & THE SUNSHINE BAND – Please Don’t Go (danced to by Legs & Co)
(30) DOLLAR – I Wanna Hold Your Hand ®
(20) THE NOLANS – I’m In The Mood For Dancing
(1) PINK FLOYD – Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2) (video)
(26) BOOKER T. & THE M.G.’S – Green Onions (and credits)
Madness ~ play over the credits despite being on the show last week, but they did have two records currently in the top 30.
UFO ~ Young Blood was produced by George Martin but the record remained unidentified from the top 30.
Abba ~ at number 2 for a third week running, you'd have thought the kid with the runny nose in the video might have wiped it by now.
Rose Royce ~ were the only edit casualty tonight, with Is it Love You're After at its peak in the charts.
Joe Jackson ~ performs his excellent follow up to Is She Really Going Out with Him, and the Kid rightly predicts a big hit for this one.
Sheila B Devotion ~ or was it now Sheila and B Devotion? Disco classic Spacer was of course written and produced and played on by Nile Rogers and Bernard Edwards from Chic.
The Skids ~ on the same show again as their arch enemies, the Nolans, this seems to have been around an awfully long time for a record that only just made the top 20.
Legs & Co ~ are all jilted brides this week as they dance to Please Don't Go. KC himself is in the studio to tell the Kid how much he enjoyed watching them.
Dollar ~ a repeat showing of their performance from several weeks ago for another song slowly climbing the charts.
The Nolans ~ take over the studio as they show those spitters The Skids what a top 3 hit looks like.
Pink Floyd ~ it was the fourth and final week at number one for this classic song which David informs us was only the band's third hit single in 13 years.
Booker T and the MGs ~ play us out with Green Onions, a track originally recorded in 1962.
Next week then, its the 17th January 1980, hosted by Simon Bates.