Well I'll be blowed, Hissing Sid has swallowed Toad..
Top of the Pops 15-2-80: Presenter: Simon Bates
(23) KOOL & THE GANG – Too Hot (and charts)
Get us underway with Too Hot (perfect for the Winter Olympics!) at its peak.
(22) MATCHBOX – Buzz Buzz A Diddle It
Are leaping on the double bass once again with Buzz Buzz A Diddle lt now also at its peak in the charts.
(5) KEITH MICHELL – Captain Beaky
Surely a medal winning performance here with from Keith and his banner waving gang with Captain Beaky reaching his chart peaky.
(55) THE FLYING LIZARDS – T.V.
A truly bizarre performance here from the Lizards with their follow-up to Money (which never quite made it onto the BBC4 repeats last year) but sadly it only got to 43 in the charts.
(17) ELVIS COSTELLO & THE ATTRACTIONS – I Can’t Stand Up For Falling Down (video)
The aptly named follow-up to Accidents Will Happen featuring some slightly awkward looking dance moves from Elvis and the boys in their holiday video.
(12) Legs & Co – the girls show Elvis how its done as they go ballroom this week to Michael Jackson's Rock With You.
(39) DAVE EDMUNDS – Singing The Blues
1979 had been a very successful year for Dave and the Rockpile guys but this cover of Guy Mitchell's (and Tommy Steele's) 1957 number one Singing the Blues was his only chart single of 1980.
(8) JON & VANGELIS – I Hear You Now (video)
Now at its peak in the charts.
(21) THE SHADOWS – Riders In The Sky
This single was the band's 28th and final top 30 hit. (not including the ones they had with Cliff). It was edited out of the 7.30 show.
(49) MARTI WEBB – Take That Look Off Your Face
From the latest Lloyd Webber musical, Tell Me on a Sunday, performed live in all its big note glory by Marti here with the Top of the Pops orchestra in clear view.
(45) STIFF LITTLE FINGERS – At The Edge
This was their only top 20 hit, but it was also edited out of tonight's 7.30 showing.
(1) KENNY ROGERS – Coward Of The County (video)
Grabbing the gold medal from under the noses of the Specials to make it to number one this week.
(20) THE RAMONES – Baby I Love You (and credits)
Play over the credits this week as they head towards the top ten.
Next week it's Peter Powell hosting another Friday edition from the 22nd February 1980.