Bob hears that MASH is no longer number one
Top of the Pops 19th June 1980
Hosted by Tommy Vance
(22) SPLODGENESSABOUNDS - Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please
Is this week's chart rundown selection, the band's only top ten hit.
(51) BAD MANNERS - Lip Up Fatty
On its way to becoming their first top 20 hit
(29) UB40 - My Way Of Thinking
The follow-up to Food for Thought, and a second top ten hit.
(28) BA ROBERTSON - To Be Or Not To Be
This was to be BA's final top ten hit
(26) SURFACE NOISE ~ The Scratch
The first of this week's Legs & Co routines.
(12) JUDAS PRIEST - Breaking The Law
Already at its peak in the charts.
(39) OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN AND ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA ~ Xanadu
The second single from the movie and this one was heading for the top.
(4) ROBERTA FLACK & DONNY HATHAWAY - Back Together Again
The second of this week's Legs routines, the song would peak at number 3.
(40) SAXON - 747 (Strangers in the Night)
This became the band's second biggest hit when it made it to 13 in the charts.
(53) PAUL MCCARTNEY ~ Waterfalls
The follow-up to Coming Up, and another top ten hit for Paul.
(6) KORGIS - Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime
Their one and only top ten hit, which peaked at number 5.
(46) BOB MARLEY ~ Could You Be Loved
His first top ten hit for more than two years, and his final one before his premature death.
(1) DON MCLEAN – Crying
The first of three weeks at number one for Don.
(24) ROD STEWART - If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don't Want To Be Right)
The third of this week's Legs & Co routines is also the song that plays over the credits, and this one would peak at 23 in the charts.