Hope to see you soon......
Top of the Pops 3rd July 1980
Hosted by Dave Lee Travis
(30) JOY DIVISION - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Playing over the charts is Joy Division's only top 20 hit
(17) MATCHBOX – Midnight Dynamos
Still slowly making its way up to its peak if number 14
(36) YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA - Computer Game (theme from the Invaders)
Their only hit which fought its way to 17 in the charts.
(9) BA ROBERTSON - To Be Or Not To Be
A big leap in the charts from 25 to 9 for BA but a higher position just wasn't to be.
(6) STACY LATTISAW - Jump To The Beat
This week's Legs & Co routine
(37) BAD MANNERS - Lip Up Fatty
Determinedly bouncing its way towards the top 20.
(21) BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS - Could You Be Loved
Another record slowly climbing the summer charts
(3) OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN AND ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA – Xanadu
Poised to claim the number one spot
(39) JOAN ARMATRADING - Me Myself I
This one would eventually peak at 21 in the charts
(5) THE KORGIS – Everybody’s Gotta Learn Sometime
The band's only top ten hit
(16) THE DETROIT SPINNERS – Cupid
This became a second top ten hit of 1980 for this 70's throwback band when it reached number 4.
(1) DON McLEAN - Crying
The final week at number one for Don
(12) ODYSSEY - Use it Up and Wear it Out
Getting in the queue for the number spot.