And many thanks to Meer the show is now also available on Vimeo ~
You don't need nobody else but me......and Freddy, Brian and John.
23/04/81 (Dave Lee Travis)
(48) Level 42 – “Love Games”
Making their debut on the show, a band who went on to have six top ten hits in the 80's ~ this one though peaked at 38.
(49) Matchbox – “Babes In The Wood”
Unable to repeat their success of 1980, this tune peaked at 46.
(22) Eddy Grant – “Can’t Get Enough Of You” (rpt from 09/04/81)
Heading towards number 13.
(55) Roger Taylor – “Future Management”
Taken from his top twenty album 'Fun in Space' this first solo single from Queen's drummer made it to number 49.
(18) Gillan – “New Orleans” (rpt from 26/03/81)
Went up one place higher.
(23) Barry Manilow – “Bermuda Triangle”
I think this routine by 'AquaLungs & Co' might have sent BBC4 into meltdown had it been shown! As for the song, Bermuda Triangle became Barry's biggest UK hit since Mandy six years earlier, reaching number 15.
(12) Saxon – “And The Bands Played On” (rpt from 09/04/81)
At its chart peak now.
(21) Keith Marshall – “Only Crying” (rpt from 09/04/81)
Still rising towards number 12.
(45) Freeez – “Flying High”
The follow up to Southern Freeez, but not as successful peaking at 35.
(1) Bucks Fizz – “Making Your Mind Up” (rpt)
Second of three weeks at number one.
(17) Starsound – “Stars On 45” (Legs & Co/credits)
The first of many medley hits in 1981, this one being the first of two number 2s for Starsound. And after a quick rub down with a towel, Legs & Co dance over the credits this week.
Its April 30th next, another not to be shown on BBC4 because the host was Jimmy Savile.