You'd better show my video in full this week ~ or else!
04/06/81 (hosted by Richard Skinner)
(29) Siouxsie & The Banshees – “Spellbound”
What a spellbinding start to the show from Siouxsie ~ how did this fabulous song only get to number 22?
(2) Shakin’ Stevens – “You Drive Me Crazy”
Edited out of tonight's 7.30pm showing.
(13) Kate Robbins & Beyond – “More Than In Love”
Paul McCartney's cousin Kate from Crossroads with her only hit, though it did make it to number 2. But edited out of tonight's 7.30pm slot.
(40) Squeeze – “Is That Love?”
A whole year since they were last on the show, and now post-Jools, here's another terrific song that wasn't as big a hit as it deserved to be, somehow this one stalled at number 35.
(43) Imagination – “Body Talk”
'Leaving nothing to the imagination' says Richard Skinner referring to the band's outfits! Even Legs & Co would have blushed! But Body Talk was on its way to number 4.
(4) The Jam – “Funeral Pyre” (video)
'Setting the charts on fire' The Jam straight in a number 4 but it rose no higher.
(12) Michael Jackson – “One Day In Your Life”
This week the Leggers have a very dark and dramatic set, a bit of a thriller you could say, on which to perform their routine to this six year old Michael Jackson song that would make it all the way to number one.
(8) Toyah – “I Want To Be Free” (video)
Trying to break out of the confines of her own video I think is Toyah here, with this follow up to Its a Mystery now at its chart peak.
(44) Phil Collins – “If Leaving Me Is Easy”
Phil's back in the studio with his tin of paint to perform the third single from his huge number one album Face Value. If Leaving Me is Easy made it to number 17.
(1) Adam & The Ants – “Stand & Deliver” (video)
'The new full version' of the Ants' video, with the hanging scene replaced by Adam repeatedly smashing through the window, in time for its fifth and final week at number one.
(23) Odyssey – “Going Back To My Roots” (audience dancing/credits)
We play out this week with Odyssey who were going back to the top ten all the way to number 4.
The next edition is the 11th June 1981, but it's a Jimmy Savile so won't be on BBC4. Instead they will show the 18th June 1981 hosted by Peter Powell.