###Huge thanks to daf, who has now uploaded a copy of this edition to dropbox!###
####And huge thanks also to Darnall42 for uploading dafs copy to WeTransfer### ~
Only a little piece of the action for us tonight I'm afraid!
11/06/81 (hosted by Jimmy Savile)
(25) Bucks Fizz – “Piece Of The Action” YouTube Clip
A quick follow up to Making Your Mind Up, and a fairly successful one too as far as Eurovision winners go, making it to number 12.
(9) Hazel O’Connor – “Will You?” (rpt from 28/05/81)
Her final top ten, indeed her final top 40 hit, almost at its peak of number 8.
(44) Landscape – “Norman Bates”
In the studio to perform the follow up to the hugely successful Einstein A Go Go ~ and the second single from their top 20 album From the Tearooms of Mars to the Hell Holes of Uranus, Norman Bates peaked at number 40.
(34) Elaine Paige – “Memory” (pre-recorded insert) YouTube Clip
From the new Lloyd Webber musical Cats of course, Memory became Elaine's first top ten hit peaking at number 6.
(28) Coast To Coast – “Let’s Jump The Broomstick” rpt from 28/05/81)
Still hanging around the lower reaches of the top 30, but 28 was its peak.
(17) Ultravox – “All Stood Still” YouTube Clip
The official follow up to Vienna (island records had released the John Foxx fronted Slow Motion which made number 33 in March) - All Stood Still made it to number 8.
(47) Randy Crawford – “You Might Need Somebody”
This follow up to One Day I'll Fly Away made it to number 11.
(11) Enigma – “Ain’t No Stopping”
Now at its chart peak.
(1) Smokey Robinson – “Being With You” (video/credits)
First of two weeks at number one for Smokey.
Next up then and back on BBC4 is the 18th June 1981, with Peter Powell.