They certainly kept us waiting for the 7.30pm show tonight after it was put back an hour without so much of a mention due to some tennis match that BBC2 knocked into BBC4's court at the last second......
You can not be serious!
21-1-82: Presenter: David Jensen
(36) GILLAN – Restless
Became Gillan's final top 30 hit when it peaked at number 25. Still, a nice career awaited him as presenter of that Coast programme years later :-)
(6) JON & VANGELIS – I’ll Find My Way Home ®
Now at its peak. And edited out of the
(14) PHIL LYNOTT – Yellow Pearl (video)
This is as high as the new theme tune got. And they also edited this out too.
(13) THE MOBILES – Drowning In Berlin
Went up four more places. And edited out of the 8.30pm slot.
(26) ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA – Ticket To The Moon
Flick Colby's Zoo donned their Starship Trooper outfits for this routine and Ticket to the Moon rose two more places.
(7) MEAT LOAF – Dead Ringer For Love (video)
A big leap up the chart and a first top ten hit for Meatloaf peaking at number 5.
(41) XTC – Senses Working Overtime
This represented a real chart peak for the band becoming their only top ten hit when it reached number 10 and taken from their top five album English Settlement.
(31) ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK – Maid Of Orleans (The Waltz Of Joan Of Arc)
Became the band's fourth (and possibly greatest) top ten hit in a row when it 'maid' it to number 4.
(18) CHRISTOPHER CROSS – Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do) (video)
This American number one, from the Dudley Moore hit movie Arthur, was Christopher's only top ten hit in the UK reaching number 7.
(8) FOREIGNER – Waiting For A Girl Like You (video)
The band's first top ten hit now at its peak.
(1) BUCKS FIZZ – The Land Of Make Believe ®
Second and final week at number one for this well disguised anti-Thatcher song.
(22) SHAKATAK – Easier Said Than Done (crowd dancing) (and credits)
On its way to number 12.
Next up then, tennis permitting, is January 28th 1982.