18-3-82: Presenters: Richard Skinner & Steve Wright
I'm too sexy for the 80's..
(36) CLASSIX NOUVEAUX – Is It A Dream
Getting the show underway with what would be their only top 30 hit when it peaked at 11.
(6) ABC – Poison Arrow (video)
Now at its peak.
(35) LEO SAYER – Have You Ever Been In Love
His final top ten hit peaking at 10. But edited out of tonight's 7.30pm slot.
(8) IMAGINATION – Just An Illusion (video)
This haunted house video would have been just perfect for Halloween! On its way to number 2.
(16) DEREK & THE DOMINOES – Layla
Originally a number 7 hit in 1972, this reissue made it to number 4. And Maureen's interpretation of this as a solo Zoo performance was also edited out tonight.
(2) GOOMBAY DANCE BAND – Seven Tears ®
About to take over at number one. Also a victim of the 7.30 editor.
(42) JAPAN – Ghosts
Another Halloween classic here and the first of two top ten hits for Japan, This one peaking at number 5.
(21) GARY NUMAN – Music For Chameleons
Went up two more places.
(23) VISAGE – The Damned Don’t Cry (video)
Continuing with the Halloween theme, a ghostly train this time, and it peaked at number 11.
(1) TIGHT FIT – The Lion Sleeps Tonight
It seems the group had now made enough money to splash out on a new outfit for Steve Grant, which I'm sure would have made even Tarzan blush! Third and final week at number 1.
(30) KOOL & THE GANG – Take My Heart (You Can Have It If You Want It) (crowd dancing) (and credits)
Went up just one more place.
The re-runs will take a little rest for a couple of weeks now whilst the Rio Olympics takes place. Next up is March 25th 1982.