And now its time for Our Carrot...
8-4-82: Presenter: Simon Bates
(32) HAIRCUT 100 – Fantastic Day
Nick and the boys get easter off to a bouncy start with the third top ten hit (reached number 9) taken from their number 2 album, Pelican West.
(2) BUCKS FIZZ – My Camera Never Lies (video)
Next week's number one but edited out of tonight's 7.30 slot.
(4) CHAS & DAVE – Ain’t No Pleasing You
The rockneys bring their sophisticated new look into the studio but narrowly miss out being next week's number one to the act who preceded them.
(24) THE BOOMTOWN RATS – House On Fire ®
With their final top 30 hit, now at its chart peak. They were one of the hottest bands just two years prior, but new wave was now old news.
(23) ELTON JOHN – Blue Eyes (video)
Looks like Elton has somehow half inched Chas's white piano and is tinkling its ivories up some exotic mountain somewhere sunny, landing himself his first top ten hit of the 80's for his troubles, when Blue Eyes made number 8.
(27) SHALAMAR – I Can Make You Feel Good (danced to by Zoo)
They would never have edited out a Legs & Co routine from the 7.30 slot would they, not even one of the more saucy ones, but this Zoo routine suffers the indignation of being edited out tonight.
(19) PAUL McCARTNEY & STEVIE WONDER – Ebony And Ivory (video)
Our first sighting of Paul since John Lennon's death, and he's looking pretty perky, and no wonder, he's about to get to number one for the 19th time, taken from his quite excellent album Tug of War, which was also a number one.
(18) FOSTER & ALLEN – A Bunch Of Thyme ®
Their biggest hit, now at its peak in the chart.
(1) GOOMBAY DANCE BAND – Seven Tears
After three weeks at number one, we get a new studio performance, this time minus the fire eating!
(30) PIGBAG – Papa’s Got A Brand New Pigbag (and credits)
We had a bouncy start to the show, and here's an even bouncier ending, and we do also get to see a bit of Zoo after all! Pigbag's only top ten hit, peaking at number 3.
Next up then is April 15th 1982, which will be on BBC4 next Friday.