So we're very lucky to have D42 who has kindly uploaded the show to Vimeo
It slowly dawns on Jeff why no one else is standing where the floor has just been polished.....
24-6-82: Presenter: Dave Lee Travis
(31) IMAGINATION – Music And Lights
Became the band's third and final top tenner when it peaked at number 5.
(12) STEVE MILLER BAND – Abracadabra (video)
With his first hit since Rock n Me in 1976, this one made it to number 2.
(38) LEO SAYER – Heart (Stop Beating In Time)
His penultimate top 30 hit peaking at number 22.
(7) ODYSSEY – Inside Out (danced to by Zoo)
Their fifth and final top ten hit.
(36) STATUS QUO – She Don’t Fool Me
Got no higher in the charts than 36.
(33) CAPTAIN SENSIBLE – Happy Talk
On holiday from The Damned here, with a summer number one about to be.
(18) THE BEATLES – Beatles Movie Medley (video)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the charts, here's another great white medley! At least it's the real deal this time, and the first of two top ten hits for the Beatles in 1982, this one peaking at number 10.
(37) BUCKS FIZZ – Now Those Days Are Gone
Going a capella and making it to number 8.
(25) SHALAMAR – A Night To Remember
Oh such a terrible shame that BBC4 are skipping Jeffrey Daniel's amazing routine, a true classic Top of the Pops moment! The song peaked at number 5.
(10) STEVIE WONDER – Do I Do (video)
At its peak.
(1) CHARLENE – I’ve Never Been To Me ®
One week at number one for Charlene's only hit.
(8) DIANA ROSS – Work That Body (crowd dancing) (and credits)
Went up one more place.
Next up is July 1st 1982 with John Peel.