Well bugger me, another yewtreed show!
26-8-82: Presenter: Dave Lee Travis
(11) HAYSI FANTAYZEE – John Wayne Is Big Leggy
The slightly controversial song was now at its peak.
(28) SHAKIN’ STEVENS – Give Me Your Heart Tonight
Like John Wayne and his oversized leg, this Shaky tune also peaked at number 11.
(42) DAVID CHRISTIE – Saddle Up
His only top ten hit peaking at number 9.
(4) BOYSTOWN GANG – Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
At its peak.
(30) STING – Spread A Little Happiness (video)
From the movie Brimstone and Treacle, this was Sting's first solo hit, reaching number 16.
(19) ROCKER’S REVENGE – Walking On Sunshine (danced to by Zoo)
Strolled its way to number 4 in the charts.
(20) GARY NUMAN – White Boys And Heroes (video)
He's gone back to his pre-fame white hair here, but the song got no higher in the charts.
(9) TOTO COELO – I Eat Cannibals
Went up one more place.
(1) DEXY’S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS with THE EMERALD EXPRESS – Come On Eileen (video)
Final week at number one.
(14) KOOL & THE GANG – Big Fun (crowd dancing) (and credits)
At is peak.
Next will be September 2nd hosted by Jimmy Savile.